Here comes the good news for all the Asus Zenfone 5Z users, as the new July update has been rolled out by Asus. July is almost over and it was looking like Asus 5Z wouldn’t receive the July update but Asus surprised everyone and finally, the July OTA update has been rolled out. Users were eagerly waiting for the July update and here it is. The main highlight of the update is obviously July security patch.
Nothing much is included in this updated package, apart from patch there is some improved system optimization. The build number of the update is 22.214.171.124 and it weighs 300MB something. So, make sure to connect your device with stable internet connection while downloading the update. Below we have shared the image of update notification with complete changelog.
- Update security patch to 2019-07.
- Fixed occasional can’t reading of SD card.
- Update and Optimize system.
The update is rolling out phase-wise, so it would take some time to reach every Asus 5Z units, however, you can check for the update manually as well, go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update. If the update is listed there then go ahead and install it. If not, then try downloading the updated firmware from below and flash the firmware.
Asus ZenFone 5Z July Update Global Stable Firmware: Download
Don’t know how to flash it? Well, try flashing it with Asus Flash Tool.
If you flash it with Asus Flash Tool then it will take extra time, so, follow below steps for a quicker update.
- First of all, download the firmware from the above in your PC or Laptop.
- Now transfer the downloaded firmware in the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot your device, you’ll see the notification pop-up on the status bar.
- Tap “System Update File Detected…” and follow the on-screen instructions to flash the firmware