Are you the user of Samsung Galaxy A50s? Do you want to root your device? If the answers of both questions are yes then today you are landed at the very right page. Today, In this article I am going to share the working method to perfectly Root Samsung Galaxy A50s.
When we talk about Samsung Galaxy smartphones or tablet, there are fewer chances of developments like custom recovery, custom ROMs, etc unless you have Samsung Galaxy Flagship smartphones like Galaxy S and Note series. I don’t why but developers are not really active in development for Samsung Galaxy mid-range smartphones, anyway, we have found the way to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s with the help of Magisk.
The procedure is little complicated because we don’t have custom recovery yet so, we can’t directly flash magisk file instead, we will take the help of Odin. This method is tested and verified by different Galaxy A50s users.
Now, before jumping straight to the process make sure you know everything about rooting if you don’t then first read What is Rooting and it’s advantages and disadvantages but before that let’s take a look at the specification of Galaxy A50s.
About Samsung Galaxy A50s
Galaxy A50s is a budget-oriented smartphone. It is having 6.4 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 screen resolution. It is running on Android Pie 9.0 and having an Exynos 9611 Octa processor. It is having internal storage of 64/128GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 4/6GB RAM which makes the device fast. It also has a 32MP secondary camera which clicks amazing selfies and 48+8+5MP triple primary camera which also clicks some amazing shots. Galaxy A50s has a 4000 mAh battery.
So, before jumping to the tutorial let’s discuss first What is Rooting? Advantage and Disadvantage.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is nothing but a process of getting full control of your device. After you root your device you will get the full control of your android device in your hand. You can do so many things after rooting your device. But there are not only advantages of Rooting but there is an equal disadvantage too. Check below what are those advantages and disadvantages.
What are the Advantages of Rooting
There are so many advantages of Rooting. We have listed Top 4 Advantages of Rooting which are:-
- Once you root your device you can install flashable zip files and custom ROMs.
- You can download the paid apps for free after rooting by using some applications which only works on a rooted device.
- You can download the different MOD or hack for your Android games.
- You can customize your device according to your needs.
What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?
- Once you root your device, your device warranty will be void.
- Some users reported that after rooting. their device becomes slower than usual.
- If you don’t follow any trusted guide then your device can be dead and there will be no choice other than to restore it to the stock ROM which can erase complete data of your device.
So, now I think you understood What is Rooting, it’s advantages and disadvantages. Now let’s begin to the actual topic of this guide which is to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s. Firstly, discuss the first and the easiest method for Samsung Galaxy A50s Root.
Androidleaker.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
Samsung Galaxy A50s Latest Firmware: Coming Soon
Magisk Build:- Download Link
Latest Odin:- Download Link
Root Samsung Galaxy A50s
Now, before rooting we need to unlock the bootloader of our device. Follow the below steps to unlock Samsung Galaxy A50s Bootloader.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A50s Bootloader
- First of all, go to the setting of your device and enable the developer mode, to enable it to go to About Phone> Tap on Build Number 7 times.
- Once, it is enabled, go the developer mode and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Now you have to boot your device into download mode by holding Power and Vol Up + Vol Down.
- Once you reach there, hold the volume up button for 3-4 seconds and then release it. Now, it will wipe all your data and your device will reboot automatically.
- Now, your device is ready to root. Read below for Rooting instruction.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s [Step By Step]
As your bootloader is now unlocked, make sure to again boot in your device and enable OEM Unlock and it is very important.
- Now, download and install Magisk Manager by topjohnwu.
- Once the installation is done, you have to get the latest A50s firmware build. You can download the firmware from the above download section.
- Now, you need to extract the firmware content, there you’ll see AP_xxx.tar file, you can do the extraction part in your device directly or you can extract the content in PC and then transfer the AP_xxx.tar file in your device.
- Once it is done, go to the Magisk Manager>Install>Select and Patch a File>Select AP File.
- Now Magisk will patch the file and it will be named as “magisk_patched.tar”. You can find the patched file in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Now, with the help of USB cable transfer the magisk_patched_tar file to your PC or Laptop.
- Boot your device into download mode and connect your device with PC via USB cable.
- Now you need to use Odin if you don’t have Odin already installed, then, the first download and install it from the above-Required Files section.
- Now Open Odin and check if your device is properly connected or not, if it is connected properly then you will see the screen something like this:-
- Select AP and browse the magisk_patched_tar file which you transferred in your desktop.
Make sure Auto Reboot is UNCHECKED.
- Click on the Start button to start the flashing process and root Galaxy A50s.
- Now once the flashing process is done, don’t directly boot your device. We have to do wipe the device completely.
- Boot your device into stock recovery by pressing the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Up’ buttons together.
- Now, once you are in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset option with the help of Volume button and wipe and factory reset your device.
- Now go back to the screen and select Reboot System.
- Your device will now boot into a rooted system. Now you can enjoy all the benefits of a Rooted device.
You can make sure if your device is actually rooted or not by installing Root Checker Application. If you have any queries or you are stuck in any part then do comment below and let us know, we will help you to solve your query.