LG just recently released their another smartphone which is LG Stylo 5 and undoubtedly, it is a very good smartphone in the price range of 15,990. Vivo is the brand which everyone trusts, they are continuously making good looking and solid smartphones and this is what which made them apart from other smartphones companies. Reviews of LG Stylo 5 is really good and those who purchased this smartphone are very happy with their choice and now they are looking for the guide to root LG Stylo 5.
So, today we decided to create a guide on the same topic so that it can help the users who are willing to root their device. We know rooting is very cool and in boom nowadays but unfortunately we can not root our device properly until and unless an official or unofficial custom recovery is made by developers because after that we can only flash supersu or magisk but still there are some ways by which we can Root LG Stylo 5. There are many methods available but hardly any of them work so what I decided is that I have checked out 4 working methods which can help you root your LG Stylo 5.
If you follow the below four methods to root LG Stylo 5 then the chances of rooting are about 80%, I don’t want to give you any false because the truth is these methods sometimes works and sometimes not depending on your luck factor. So, if you really want to root your device and you can’t wait for the custom recovery release then I must suggest you follow the below methods.
Before jumping directly to the methods, first, let’s discuss some specification of LG Stylo 5 and then some advantages and disadvantages of rooting which you must know before rooting LG Stylo 5.
Some Interesting Specification of LG Stylo 5
LG Stylo 5 is a budget-friendly smartphone and it is available for 8,999. It is having 6.2 inches with IPS LCD display, 1080 x 2160 Pixel Screen resolution. It is running on Android Pie 9.0 and having 1.8GHz octa-core processor. It is having internal storage of 32GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 3GB RAM which makes the device super fast. The key feature of this smartphone is that it has dual cameras 13-megapixel and it has 5-megapixel front camera which clicks amazing selfies.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is nothing but a process of getting full control of your device. After you root your device you will get the full control of your android device in your hand. You can do so many things after rooting your device. But there are not only advantages of Rooting but there is an equal disadvantage too. Check below what are those advantages and disadvantages.
What are the Advantages of Rooting
There are so many advantages of Rooting. We have listed Top 4 Advantages of Rooting which are:-
- Once you root your device you can install flashable zip files and custom ROMs.
- You can download the paid apps for free after rooting by using some applications which only works on a rooted device.
- You can download the different MOD or hack for your Android games.
- You can customize your device according to your needs.
What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?
- Once you root your device, your device warranty will be void.
- Some users reported that after rooting. their device becomes slower than usual.
- If you don’t follow any trusted guide then your device can be dead and there will be no choice other than to restore it to the stock ROM which can erase complete data of your device.
So, now I think you understood What is Rooting, it’s advantages and disadvantages. Now let’s begin to the actual topic of this guide which is to Root LG Stylo 5. Firstly, discuss the first and the easiest method for LG Stylo 5 Root.
Androidleaker.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
How to Easily Root LG Stylo 5
Before Jumping to the first method make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. It is compulsory in all the Four methods.
And for the first method make sure to install custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM.
How to Root LG Stylo 5 with the help of SuperSu
If you are reading the word SuperSu for the first time then let me tell you that it is a file basically a zip file by chainfire which can be installed on any android device via TWRP or CWM recovery and once it is installed successfully your device will be Rooted.
Now let’s jump to the tutorial, I’m assuming that you have your device’s bootloader is unlocked and a custom recovery like TWRP is installed.
- So, first of all, download the Latest SuperSu and paste it in the root of your SD Card.
- Now, Switch off your device and boot your device into custom recovery by pressing and holding volume up button + power button simultaneously.
- Now if you have TWRP installed then a screen will open something like this:-
- Now, you have to tap on the install button then browse the location where you have pasted the SuperSu and then select the SuperSu file and then Swipe right to start the installation process. Look at the image for reference.
- Wait and once it is done reboot your device.
Now that was the first method but as we promised we gonna share Four method so now here is the second method.
How to Root LG Stylo 5 via KingoRoot.
So, if the above method didn’t work for you then you can try this method. This method will root your device in one click. Follow the below steps to root your device.
- First of all, download Kingoroot APK and install it in your android device.
- Now open the app and tap on ‘Root My Device‘.
- Now it will start the rooting process.
- Don’t do anything until the process is completed.
- Wait and enjoy.
If the above method also didn’t work for you then don’t lose hope you can still try this third method and check if this can root your device or not.
How to Root LG Stylo 5 via OneclickRoot.
- First of all download OneclickRoot application in your Laptop or PC.
- Now takeout the data cable and connect your device to the laptop or PC.
- Open the Oneclickroot application in your Laptop and wait until it detects your device.
- Once your device gets detected click on “Root Now“.
- Wait until the process gets done!
How to Root LG Stylo 5 using Magisk
- First of all, download Magisk Manager and copy it in the SD card of your device.
- Now, boot your device into recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up button + Power button simultaneously.
- Then go to Install > Select the Magisk Zip File > Swipe to Install.
- Now, wait until the installation gets done.
- Now reboot your device.
If you want to check whether your device is rooted or not you can download Root Checker from play store and it will help you to verify whether your device is rooted or not.
So, I hope you get your device rooted by any of the above methods. This was the full guide to Root LG Stylo 5. If you still have some doubt in your mind then you can comment below. I’ll try to help you As soon as possible.