From last year, we got to see so many new smartphones from different OEM especially from Samsung, Samsung released so many new budget-oriented smartphones and some of them are really good and recently Samsung announced some new A-series smartphone and Samsung Galaxy A01 was one of them. Personally speaking I didn’t like Galaxy A01 that much but I read the review of some Galaxy A01 users and few of them are actually liking the smartphone. Anyway, users of Samsung Galaxy A01 are now demanding a way to Root Galaxy A01 as there is no TWRP recovery yet but still, there is a way to Root Galaxy A01 with Odin and Magisk. So we decided to create a guide where I’ll teach you how to Root Samsung Galaxy A01 using Magisk and without flashing TWRP recovery.
The procedure to root Samsung Galaxy A01 is little complicated because we don’t have custom recovery yet so, we can’t directly flash magisk file instead, we will take the help of Odin. This method is tested and verified by different Galaxy A01 users.
Now, before jumping straight to the process make sure you know everything about rooting if you don’t then first read What is Rooting and it’s advantages and disadvantages but before that let’s take a look at the specification of Galaxy A01.
About Samsung Galaxy A01
Galaxy A01 is a budget-oriented smartphone. It is having a 5.70-inch display 720 x 1560. It is running on Android 10 and has an Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz & 4×1.45 GHz) processor. It is having an internal storage of 16GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 2GB RAM which makes the device super fast. It also has a 5MP secondary camera that clicks amazing selfies and a Dual camera of 13MP + 2MP primary camera which also clicks some amazing shots. Galaxy A01 has a 3000 mAh battery.
So, before jumping to the tutorial let’s discuss first What is Rooting? Advantage and Disadvantage.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is nothing but a process of getting full control of your device. After you root your device you will get the full control of your android device in your hand. You can do so many things after rooting your device. But there are not only advantages of Rooting but there is an equal disadvantage too. Check below what are those advantages and disadvantages.
What are the Advantages of Rooting
There are so many advantages of Rooting. We have listed Top 4 Advantages of Rooting which are:-
- Once you root your device you can install flashable zip files and custom ROMs.
- You can download the paid apps for free after rooting by using some applications which only works on a rooted device.
- You can download the different MOD or hack for your Android games.
- You can customize your device according to your needs.
What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?
- Once you root your device, your device warranty will be void.
- Some users reported that after rooting. their device becomes slower than usual.
- If you don’t follow any trusted guide then your device can be dead and there will be no choice other than to restore it to the stock ROM which can erase complete data of your device.
So, now I think you understood What is Rooting, it’s advantages and disadvantages. Now let’s begin to the actual topic of this guide which is to Root Samsung Galaxy A01. Firstly, discuss the first and the easiest method for Samsung Galaxy A01 Root.
Androidleaker.com will not take any responsibility for any kind of problem to occur in your device at the time of rooting. We are 100% sure that this article is well written without any errors. But, if you don’t follow it correctly then you will end up bricking your device. So, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE CAREFULLY!
Magisk Build:- Download Link
Latest Odin:- Download Link
Root Samsung Galaxy A01
Now, before rooting we need to unlock the bootloader of our device. Follow the below steps to unlock Samsung Galaxy A01 Bootloader.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy A01 Bootloader
- First of all, go to the setting of your device and enable the developer mode, to enable it to go to About Phone> Tap on Build Number 7 times.
- Once, it is enabled, go the developer mode and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Now you have to boot your device into download mode by holding Power and Vol Up + Vol Down.
- Once you reach there, hold the volume up button for 3-4 seconds and then release it. Now, it will wipe all your data and your device will reboot automatically.
- Now, your device is ready to root. Read below for Rooting instruction.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A01
As your bootloader is now unlocked, make sure to again boot in your device and enable OEM Unlock and it is very important.
- Now, download and install Magisk Manager by topjohnwu.
- Once the installation is done, you have to get the latest A01 firmware build. You can download the firmware from the above download section.
- Now, you need to extract the AP file and you can do it either on your device or you can first extract the file in PC and then transfer it in your Tab.
- Once it is done, go to the Magisk Manager>Install>Select AP File.
- Now Magisk will patch the file and it will be named as “magisk_patched.tar”. You can find the patched file in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Now, with the help of USB cable transfer the magisk_patched_tar file to your PC or Laptop.
- Boot your device into download mode and connect your device with PC via USB cable.
- Now you need to use Odin if you don’t have Odin already installed, then, the first download and install it from the above-Required Files section.
- Now Open Odin and check if your device is properly connected or not, if it is connected properly then you will see the screen something like this:-
- Select AP and browse the magisk_patched_tar file which you transferred in your desktop.
Make sure Auto Reboot is UNCHECKED.
- Click on the Start button to start the flashing process and root Galaxy A01.
- Now once the flashing process is done, don’t directly boot your device. We have to do wipe the device completely.
- Boot your device into stock recovery by pressing the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Up’ buttons together.
- Now, once you are in the recovery, select Wipe data/factory reset option with the help of Volume button and wipe and factory reset your device.
- Now go back to the screen and select Reboot System.
- Your device will now boot into a rooted system. Now you can enjoy all the benefits of a Rooted device.
You can make sure if your device is actually rooted or not by installing Root Checker Application. If you have any queries or you are stuck in any part then do comment below and let us know, we will help you to solve your query.