Finally, good news for all the users of Xiaomi Redmi Y2/S2 users as now Xiaomi has started rolling out Android Pie 9.0 based MIUI 10.3.3.0 for Redmi Y2/S2. The same update was already released for Redmi Y2 China variant and it took almost a month to roll out MIUI 10.3.3.0 update globally for everyone. The main highlight of the update is obviously Android Pie and apart from it there is some improved system optimization and fixes in Contact and App lock.
The size of the update is around 1.7GB which is quite big so it is advisable to connect your device with a stable internet connection to avoid any issue while downloading. As I already said the update is now rolling globally and even in India, some users receive the OTA notification on their Redmi Y2. Just like always Xiaomi rolled out this update Phase-wise, so, the update would take some time to reach every Redmi Y2/S2 units, in the mean-time, you can check manually for the update by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update. If the update is listed there then go ahead and download it, if not available then manually download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y2/S2.
Below is the screenshot of the MIUI 10.3.3.0 OTA update for Redmi Y2 with complete changelog.
MIUI 10.3.3.0 For Redmi Y2/S2: Changelog-
-Stable MIUI based on Android Pie
– New: Locking Google contacts is available now
– Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
– Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
Game speed booster
– Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
– Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
About Redmi Y2
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 or Redmi S2 is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625, which is really a very powerful processor and it is capable of handling many big tasks. It has 5.99 inches display with 720×1440 screen resolution. It has 4/6GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage.
In terms of camera, this device comes with dual rear cameras 12 + 5MP which clicks amazing pictures And 16MP front camera clicks a very clear and detailed selfie. It comes with Android Oreo out of the box and a 4000 mAh battery.
Download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y2/S2
- [Recovery] Download MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y2/S2: Download Link
Don’t know how to update? well, follow the below steps.
Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Redmi Y2/S2
First of all, download the Global Stable ROM from the above download section according to your device.
- Now go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update.
- Now on the right-hand side, you’ll see three dots just simply tap on it.
- Now from the drop-down menu tap on “Choose Update Package”.
- Now select the download ROM and let the installation start.
So, that’s all for today, do let us know which Android Pie feature you liked the most.