Here comes the good news for all the users of Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A as the Android Pie based MIUI 10.4.1.0 is now started rolling out for both devices. If you remembered, a few days back I posted an article on Redmi 6 MIUI 10.4.2.0 Update which was also based on Android Pie but was only limited in China but now the update is rolling globally. Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A users were eagerly waiting for the global release of this update as it is an Android Pie-based update which is a very major update for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A users. You can also download MIUI 10.4.1.0 for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A from below download section.
The model number of the OTA update for Redmi 6 is MIUI 10.4.1.0.PCGMIXM and for Redmi 6A it is MIUI 10.4.1.0.PCBMIXM.
Apart from Android Pie, the security patch is also updated to July and some bugfix, as well as improved screen optimization, is included in the update. The update size is around 1.3GB, so make sure to connect your Redmi 6/Redmi 6A to a stable internet connection while downloading the update.
The update is currently rolling out via OTA(Over-the-air) globally, if you didn’t get the update notification then try checking manually by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update, and if you are from India or other countries then you need to wait for a week or maybe a month to get the update notification. However, we have provided the download link of MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A below. You can download MIUI 10.4.1.0 for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A if you are interested.
Download MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A
- [Recovery] Download MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable for Redmi 6: Download Link
- [Recovery] Download MIUI 10.4.1.0 Global Stable for Redmi 6A: Download Link
Don’t know how to update? well, follow the below steps.
Install MIUI 10.4.1.0 on Redmi 6/Redmi 6A
- First of all, download the Global Stable ROM from the above download section according to your device.
- Now go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update.
- Now on the right-hand side, you’ll see three dots just simply tap on it.
- Now from the drop-down menu tap on “Choose Update Package”.
- Now select the download ROM and let the installation start.
If you have received the update notification then do let us know what changes you have observed in your device after update also tell us your favorite Android Pie feature. We would love to hear from you.