If you remembered, a few days back Xiaomi rolled out Android Pie based MIUI 10.4.3.0 for Redmi 6A users in China and now Redmi 6 is also receiving the Android Pie update and the build number of the update is MIUI 10.4.2.0 whereas in Redmi 6A it is MIUI 10.4.3.0, anyway, it is a very good news for Redmi 6 as well, as it is now getting Android Pie update in China. Redmi 6 users were eagerly waiting for the Pie update and now it is available for Chinese Redmi 6 units.
Apart from Android Pie, the security patch is also updated to July and some bugfix, as well as improved screen optimization, is included in the update. The update size is around 1.6GB, so make sure to connect your Redmi 6 to a stable internet connection while downloading the update.
The update is currently rolling out via OTA(Over-the-air) in china, if you are from China and didn’t get the update notification then try checking manually by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update, and if you are from India or other countries then you need to wait for a week or maybe a month to get the update notification. However, we have provided the download link of MIUI 10.4.3.0 China Stable for Redmi 6 below. You can download MIUI 10.4.3.0 for Redmi 6 if you are interested.
Download MIUI 10.4.2.0 China Stable ROM for Redmi 6
- [Recovery] Download MIUI 10.4.2.0 China Stable for Redmi 6: Download Link
Don’t know how to update? well, follow the below steps.
Install MIUI 10.4.2.0 on Redmi 6
- First of all, download the Global Stable ROM from the above download section according to your device.
- Now go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update.
- Now on the right-hand side, you’ll see three dots just simply tap on it.
- Now from the drop-down menu tap on “Choose Update Package”.
- Now select the download ROM and let the installation start.
If you have received the update notification then do let us know what changes you have observed in your device after update also tell us your favorite Android Pie feature. We would love to hear from you.