If you remember last month OnePlus released the first-ever OxygenOS 10 update for their OnePlus 6 and 6T and obviously it was stable Android 10 update but after a day the rolling process was paused because of some error or bugs and then after a few days again OnePlus re-released the update and that time too it was again paused because of bugs and after then no update OxygenOS 10 update was released by OnePlus but now OnePlus has just released new OxygenOS 10.0,1 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. This update is bugfix update and based on the most awaited Android version which is Android 10.
Now, talking about the update for OnePlus 6/6T, OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6/6T is rolling out via OTA(Over-the-Air) which means you’ll receive the update notification on your device. Below is the screenshot of the update and as you can see the size of the OTA update is around 1GB, so we recommend everyone to make sure they are connected with stable internet connection while downloading this OTA update.
If you still haven’t received the update notification on your OnePlus 6/6T then you can also check manually for the update. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings>About Phone>System Update if there is an update notification then go ahead and install it.
But, if you haven’t received the update even by checking manually then the best thing you can do is Download OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6/6T and install it manually. Here, in this article, we are going to share the download link of OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6/6T along with the installing instruction.
About OnePlus 6 and 6T
OnePlus 6 and 6T both were released back in 2018 and both devices came with Android Oreo out of the box and later on, both devices got the Pie update. Both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T is powered by Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset. Both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T comes in two variants one with 8GB RAM and 128/256GB Internal Storage and other in 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage. Both devices having rear dual camera setup of 16MP + 20MP and 16MP front-facing camera. Both devices have a 3300 mAh battery.
OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6/6T Changelog:-
* Upgraded to Android 10
* Brand new UI for Android Q
* Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
* Fixed the fingerprint identification issue
+ Solved the animation lag for fingerprint unlock
* Fixed the automatic reboot issue after upgrade
* Improved the performance and fixed known issues
+ Fixed the 5Ghz WiFi connection
Download OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 6/6T Full OTA
Below are the links for latest OxygenOS 10.0.1 update on OnePlus 6/6T. You can download it with one click. Now download only according to your device, for OnePlus 6 and 6T there are different links, so choose accordingly.
Note: Both links are recovery links and if you don’t know how to install them then read the below-installing instructions carefully.
Download Link for OnePlus 6:
- MD5: 13d7f3c6a42d0c3fbe912beb5aa17e9f: Download Now
Download Link for OnePlus 6T:
- 53cbd7fb9eb944d16ad1c27fccccd317: Download Now
How to Install OxygenOS 10.0.1 update on OnePlus 6/6T
Basically, there are two methods to install the OTA update on OnePlus 6/6T. We’ve shared both methods, you can follow any of your favorite and convenient methods.
Method 1) Local Upgrade
This method needs a full firmware.
- First of all, download the full firmware from the above download section.
- Now copy the firmware in the internal or external storage of your device.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- Now it will search for the update package and as soon as you see the update package simply tap on it and let the installation begin.
- Wait until the installation gets done.
Method 2) Stock recovery
This method only requires an OTA update file.
- Download OTA update from the above download section.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode, to do so, press and hold the power button and volume down simultaneously.
- Now once you reach there, select recovery mode.
- Now you are in stock recovery mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Browse the OTA zip and start the installation.
- Now, wait until the installation gets done.
Done! You’ve successfully updated your OnePlus 6/6T to latest OxygenOS 10.0.1. If you have any queries then do ask us in the comment section below.