Finally here comes the good news for all the users of OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T as the new OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5 and 5T has been released by OnePlus. And this update is very special because this update comes with the latest August Security Patch. The main highlight of the update is August Security, QualPwn Vulnerability Patch, and Zen mode feature. You can Download OxygenOS 9.0.8 OTA update for OnePlus 5 and 5T from below download section.
Devices running on Snapdragon 835 or 845 SOC are affected by QualPwn vulnerability and both OnePlus 5 and 5T having the same SOC, QualPwn vulnerability can exploit Qualcomm WLAN and Modem Over The Air.
OnePlus 5 and 5T both are the second devices of OnePlus which is getting August security patch, OnePlus 7 Pro remains the first though. We were expecting OnePlus 6 or 6T would get the August security patch but OnePlus is unpredictable, It’s amazing how older devices tend to get updates faster than newer ones only OnePlus can do this type of magic. The size of OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5 and 5T is around 408MB, so make sure to connect your device with stable internet connection while downloading the update. Below is the screenshot of OxygenOS 9.0.8 OTA notification captured directly from OnePlus 5T.
OxygenOS 9.0.8 Update for OnePlus 5 and 5T Changelog:-
- Optimized and made the screenshot taking process smoother and faster
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.08
- Zen Mode
- Optimized visual effects
- Added the additional setting to select the duration of time
How to Check OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5 and 5T
As usual, the update is rolling out via OTA(Over-the-Air), so it would take some time for the update to reach every OnePlus 5 and 5T units. Till now only a few units have received this update.
If you still haven’t received the update notification on your OnePlus 5/5T then you can also check manually for the update. You can check for the update manually by going to Settings>About Phone>System Update if there is an update notification then go ahead and install it.
But, if you haven’t received the update even by checking manually then the best thing you can do is Download OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5Tand install it manually. Here, in this article, we are going to share the download link of OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5/5T along with the installing instruction.
About OnePlus 5 and 5T
OnePlus 5 and 5T both were released back in 2017 and both devices came with Android Nougat out of the box and later on, both devices got the Oreo update. Both OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 chipset. Both OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T comes in two variants one with 8GB RAM and 128GB Internal Storage and other in 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage. Both devices having rear dual camera setup of 16MP + 20MP and 16MP front-facing camera. Both devices have a 3300 mAh battery.
Download OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5/5T
So, below we have shared the download link of OxygenOS 9.0.8 firmware for both OnePlus 5 and 5T. You can flash them using TWRP also but for that, you need to have root access and custom recovery installed. However, there is an alternate method available as well, you can follow it from below and can flash the update file on your device.
OTA updates download: (From Oxygen OS 9.0.6 to 9.0.7)
- Oxygen OS 9.0.8 OTA for OnePlus 5 ⇒ Download Link
- Oxygen OS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 5T ⇒ Download Link
Full stock firmware update zips: Oxygen OS 9.0.8
- Oxygen OS 9.0.8 Pie for OnePlus 5 coming soon…
- Oxygen OS 9.0.8 Pie for OnePlus 5T ⇒ Download Link
How to Install OxygenOS 9.0.8 update on OnePlus 5/5T
Basically, there are two methods to install the OTA update on OnePlus 5/5T. We’ve shared both methods, you can follow any of your favorite and convenient methods.
Method 1) Local Upgrade
This method needs a full firmware.
- First of all, download the full firmware from the above download section.
- Now copy the firmware in the internal or external storage of your device.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- Now it will search for the update package and as soon as you see the update package simply tap on it and let the installation begin.
- Wait until the installation gets done.
Method 2) Stock recovery
This method only requires OTA update file.
- Download OTA update from the above download section.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode, to do so, press and hold the power button and volume down simultaneously.
- Now once you reach there, select recovery mode.
- Now you are in stock recovery mode, select “Apply Updates from phone’s storage” or “Apply updates from sdcard”.
- Browse the OTA zip and start the installation.
- Now, wait until the installation gets done.
Done! You’ve successfully updated your OnePlus 5/5T to latest OxygenOS 9.0.8. If you have any queries then do ask us in the comment section below.