How to Easily Unlock Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader: So, are you the user of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro and want to unlock the bootloader of your device? if the answer is Yes, then today you are at the right page. Today, In this article we gonna show you How to Unlock Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader. This method is 100% working and tested by our team.
If you Unlock the bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro then you can do a lot of things with your smartphone, you can install TWRP recovery and then you can root your device as well by flashing the SuperSU. So basically Unlocking bootloader is very important nowadays. We have shared some Advantage and Disadvantage of unlocking bootloader below which you can read if you have any doubts regarding unlocking bootloader.
Some Interesting Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is one of the best budget smartphone available in the market. This smartphone is available at a very very affordable price of 25,290 INR on Amazon and Flipkart. Xiaomi is offering best specification in this price segment. Below are some highlighted specifications of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro. It is running on MIUI latest vesion which is MIUI 10.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro is a budget-oriented smartphone. It is having 6.39 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 * 2340 pixels Screen resolution. It is running on Android 9.0 Pie and has Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor.
It is having internal storage of 64/128/256 GB which is quite big to store apps, games, photos, etc. And 6/8GB RAM which makes the device super fast. It also has a 20MP Secondary camera with 8x digital zoom which clicks amazing selfies and 48MP+8MP+13MP triple primary camera which also clicks some amazing shots
What is mean by Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi K20 Pro?
The bootloader is a code which is present in every operating system. If you unlock the bootloader of any device then you can do all the things which required an unlocked bootloader. If you want to root your device then unlocking bootloader will be the first step and after then you can install TWRP recovery and you can root your device, and you can install custom ROM also. Once you Unlock the bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro you can perform so many things.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once you will unlock the bootloader you will be granted to install the custom recovery like TWRP or CWM
- You can root your device and can install custom ROM.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
The only disadvantage of unlocking the bootloader of any Android device is that the warranty will be void. However, if your intention is to root your device after unlocking the bootloader then you have to read all the cons of it because rooting has lots of cons.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro?
Now come to the point, in order to unlock the bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro we have two methods. 1) By using MI Unlock Tool (Official method) and 2) By using ADB and Fastboot.
Unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro with Mi Unlock Tool
In order to Unlock the bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro with the help of Mi unlock tool which is provided by Xiaomi, you will have to do some tasks only then you can be eligible to unlock the bootloader. Read below steps carefully.
- First of all, enable the USB debugging in your Redmi K20 Pro by going to Settings>About Phone>Build Number(Tap on it 7 times to enable the developer option)>Developer Option>Enable USB Debugging.
- Now In developer option, enable OEM unlock option.
- Again In developer option, you will see Mi unlock status you have to open it and agree to whatever it says.
- Once that’s done, go to this Mi unlock site.
- Click on “Unlock Now”
- Now fill up the information whatever it asks (Write the logical answer in the column ‘Why you want to unlock your device’, otherwise your application will be rejected).
- You’ll receive the security code too, which you have to enter on the Mi website to verify that you are the actual owner of your device.
- Click on Submit button.
- It will take roughly around 3-4 days to get your application approved by Mi.
- You will receive either the text message or you will get the notification in your Mi account.
- Once the above procedure is done let’s move further.
Steps to Unlock bootloader with Mi Unlock Tool
- Once you are eligible for unlocking the bootloader you have to download the Mi unlock tool.
- Install the application on your computer and then connect your device to your PC with the help of USB cable.
- Open the Mi unlock tool and sign in there with your Mi account.
- Switch off your Redmi K20 Pro and boot it in Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Volume Down Simultaneously.
- Now you will see your device connected in the tool, scroll down and you will see the Unlock Now option simply click on it.
- It will start the unlocking process, it will take some time.
- Once the process is done you will see the message ‘Your device bootloader is Unlocked‘.
- Restart your device and Enjoy.
Steps to Unlock Redmi K20 Pro Bootloader with ADB and Fastboot
- First of all, set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer, you can refer to this XDA thread.
- Take a full backup of your device, incase, if you get your device bricked (It won’t happen if you follow these steps carefully).
- Now make sure your phone battery is more than 50%.
- Now connect your Redmi K20 Pro to your PC with the help of USB cable and install all the drivers of your Xiaomi in your PC.
- Now switch off your device and go to a fastboot option by pressing Power + Volume Down Simultaneously.
- Now open the Mi Flash tool and you will see there your mobile connection.
- Now, you have to open the command prompt window in the same folder where you have installed the ADB and fastboot by holding the shift button and clicking on the right button of your mouse.
- Now you have to enter these commands.
- Now enter and then write this one:-
fastboot oem unlock
- Again hit enter and now write this one:-
- Now hit enter and your phone will automatically reboot.
- Once it is restarted disconnect it from your PC.
Congratulations! you have successfully Unlocked the bootloader of Redmi K20 Pro with help of ADB and Fastboot commands. If you have any doubts then you can ask in the comment section.