How to Easily Unlock Bootloader of Oppo A5s: If you are the user of Oppo A5s then here we have very good news for you, now you guys can Unlock the bootloader of your device very easily. Today, In this article we gonna show you How to Unlock Oppo A5s Bootloader. This method is 100% working and tested by our team.
If you Unlock the bootloader of Oppo A5s then you can do a lot of things with your smartphone, you can install TWRP recovery and then you can root your device as well by flashing the SuperSU. So basically Unlocking bootloader is very important nowadays. We have shared some Advantage and Disadvantage of unlocking bootloader below which you can read if you have any doubts regarding unlocking bootloader.
Some Interesting Oppo A5s Specifications
Oppo A5s is one of the best budget smartphone available in the market. This smartphone is available at a very very affordable price of 9,947 INR on Amazon and Flipkart. Oppo is offering best specification in this price segment. Below are some highlighted specifications of Oppo A5s.
Oppo A5s comes with a big screen of 6.2 Inches and having the screen resolution of 720 by 1520 pixels. Oppo A5s is running on the Android version 8.1 known as Oreo. This smartphone is having 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, you will not be needed any SD card because the internal storage itself is quite big.
Oppo A5s is powered by MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) Processor. This smartphone has an 8MP front camera which clicks amazing selfie and 13MP + 2MP of Rear camera which also clicks some amazing shots.
What is mean by Unlocking Bootloader on Oppo A5s?
The bootloader is a code which is present in every operating system. If you unlock the bootloader of any device then you can do all the things which required an unlocked bootloader. If you want to root your device then unlocking bootloader will be the first step and after then you can install TWRP recovery and you can root your device, and you can install custom ROM also. Once you Unlock the bootloader of Oppo A5s you can perform so many things.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once you will unlock the bootloader you will be granted to install the custom recovery like TWRP or CWM
- You can root your device and can install custom ROM.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
The disadvantage of unlocking the bootloader of any Android device is that the warranty will be void. However, if your intention is to root your device after unlocking the bootloader then you have to read all the cons of it because rooting has lots of cons. I would recommend you to not to unlock your Bootloader of Oppo A5s if your device still comes under warranty.
Another disadvantage is that you will not receive the OTA update from Oppo If you unlock the bootloader of your device so think twice before unlocking the bootloader of your device.
Now let’s move to our guide but before that please read the Disclaimer and Pre-requirement section as it is very important.
- This guide is only for Oppo A5s.
- Your device’s battery must be 50% charged or above.
- You must need a working PC or Laptop along with USB cable.
- Take the backup of your important files, photos, etc.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot Driver
- Follow all the steps very carefully and don’t skip any step.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of Oppo A5s?
If you want to unlock the bootloader of your device then you have to follow the ADB and Fastboot method. It is the only method working right now to unlock the bootloader of Oppo A5s. Oppo won’t recommend unlocking the bootloader of any Oppo device because after unlocking the bootloader you will not receive the OTA update from Oppo. But if you still want to unlock the bootloader of your device then you have to follow this guide very carefully.
Steps to Unlock Oppo A5s Bootloader with ADB and Fastboot
- First of all, set up ADB and Fastboot on your computer, you can refer to this XDA thread.
- Take a full backup of your device, incase, if you get your device bricked (It won’t happen if you follow these steps carefully).
- Now make sure your phone battery is more than 50%.
- Now connect your Oppo A5s to your PC with the help of USB cable and install all the drivers of your Xiaomi in your PC.
- Now switch off your device and go to a fastboot option by pressing Power + Volume Down Simultaneously.
- Now, you have to open the command prompt window in the same folder where you have installed the ADB and fastboot by holding the shift button and clicking on the right button of your mouse.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB cable and let the PC to detect your device so that it can install all the necessary drivers itself.
- Now type this command in Command Prompt/Powershell window
This command will let you know whether your device is connected properly or not. If it is not showing your device name in the window then you have to reconnect your device and install the drivers manually.
- Now type this command:-
- Now type this one:-
- Again hit enter and now write this one:-
- Now hit enter and your phone will automatically reboot.
- Once it is restarted disconnect it from your PC.
If you want to Root and install TWP recovery on your device then you can go to this guide ⇒ How to Root and Install TWRP recovery on Oppo A5s
Congratulations! you have successfully Unlocked the bootloader of Oppo A5s with help of ADB and Fastboot commands. If you have any doubts then you can ask in the comment section.