The Android One program was meant to launch Lite devices. While many love this concept from Android many though the devices will never get new updates. However, with the Android 10 updates coming to many Android One devices this concept is slowly changing. Many Android One devices like the Nokia 6.1 Plus and Moto One Action already got Android 10 updates. Now Xiaomi also joined the club by pushing the latest update for Mi A2. Here you can Download Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10 Stable Update.
A few years ago latest updates for Chinese OEMs including Xiaomi is something no one would have ever expected. But soon after gaining good control over the market, Xiaomi is doing everything to get to the leader spot. The Android 10 update for the Mi A2 is something no one expected. This two-year-old device which came out with Android 8 Oreo has already got two major Android update. It is expected that the Mi A3 will also be getting the same update soon.
The update is being reported to have arrived on Indian devices already. The main update reports are coming out mainly from Spain. A global rollout is being done currently and all devices across the globe are expected to get the update soon.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10 Changelog
The new update on Xiaomi Mi A2 comes with all the Android 10 features. The main additions include.
- New NAvigation Gestures
- Dark Mode
- Better privacy controls
How to Get Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10 Stable Update?
Well the update is currently rolling out via OTA(Over-the-air) and it will obviously take some time to reach every region and till that time you can either update your device to Android 10 manually by downloading the Android 10 Update file for Xiaomi MI A2 following the below instruction or you can check the update for notification manually by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update.
Download Android 10 OTA for Xiaomi Mi A2
As usual, the update is being pushed as OTA. It might take some time to reach all the devices. However, it is always possible to manually download and install the OTA file. The OTA file for Mi A2 Android 10 update can be downloaded from the button below.
Special Thanks to the senior member of XDA kacskrz to capture the OTA URL for all of us. So all the credits for the files and their respective download links go to him!
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 80%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You need to download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10 Stable Update
Well, there are two methods basically to Install updates on Xiaomi Mi A2, one is using the Fastboot method and another one is using the recovery method. However, at this moment, we are unable to use the Fastboot method as we don’t have Fastboot firmware with us. The Above shared firmware is Recovery firmware, so we need to follow the TWRP recovery method to flash the Xiaomi Mi A2 Android 10 Stable Update.
- First of all, Download the recovery firmware from the above download section.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage
- Once transferred, disconnect the phone and power it off completely
- Press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously to enter recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, head over to Install from Storage Device. Locate and select the zip file.
- It will install an Android 10 update on your Mi A2, then reboot your device.
Well, that’s all, your device is now ready to boot into the latest Android 10 Firmware with a latest Security Patch. Now you can freely enjoy all the latest Android 10 features.